- I expect my students to have a strong desire to learn how to play the harp well, and approach my suggestions with an open mind.
- Students are required to have a teacher-approved pedal or lever harp at home or school for daily practice, and the required materials listed in the Handbook.
- All students must devote ample practice time between lessons to learn new music and skills (Parents must work with their child to develop a practice routine at home and encourage their child in all aspects of musicianship).
- Students are expected to attend lessons regularly and abide by the attendance policies in the Student Handbook.
- Students must listen to harp recordings of pieces they study and perform as part of their daily practice.
- Attending a minimum of two live concerts featuring harp each year, where the students themselves do not perform, is strongly encouraged.
- All students are expected to take part in harp studio recitals, informal performances, and summer harp events to develop their performance skills by playing for others - both as soloists and as members of an ensemble.
- Students (and parents) must abide by the studio policies outlined in the Handbook, updated each school year.